Fallen


Title; Fallen
Author; Lauren Kate
Page count; 452 pages
Why I read it; Got a lot of good reviews, liked the cover
Grade; Did Not Finish

Synopsis;
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her. 

My review;

I gave this book almost 200 pages, I tried to finish it but I was bored out of my mind. In 200 pages Luce goes to some creepy school for some unknown reason involving a boyfriend she didn't even really like. She gets to the school and blows off what seemed to be a nice cute guy for some guy who hates her and flips her off randomly. Then there are these random shadows that show up, they never do anything but Luce always seems scared of them. Im sure a lot of the questions are answered later in the book but I just didn't care why the guy hated her or why shadows follow her around, or why half of what I read was a detailed description of how her school looked (an old church turned school for troubled teenagers) in great annoying detail. I really don't like to start books and not finish them and I tried really hard but I found myself dreading picking it up to read it and I love reading so I just had to stop. This book seems like it would be enjoyed by whiny teenage girls who hate their lives and want to be special and think it's cute to be treated poorly by men.

No comments: