Shift


Title; Shift
Author; Rachel Vincent
Page count; 441
Why I read it; Fifth book in the Shifters series
Grade; A-

Synopsis;
Being the first female werecat enforcer isn't easy. Scars accumulate, but I'm stronger in so many ways.
As for my personal life? It's complicated. Choices worth making always are. Ever since my brother's death and my father's impeachment, it's all I can do to prevent more blood from spilling. Now our Pride is under attack by a flight of vicious thunderbirds. And making peace with our new enemies may be the only way to get the best of our old foe.
With the body count rising and treachery everywhere, my instincts tell me to look before I leap. But sometimes a leap of faith is the only real option….

My Review;
I really love this series, it has been a while since I read the 4th one because I was waiting for my library to get the fifth one in. I will just start with the bad of the book, there were only a few bad points. 1- The love triangle is getting a little out of hand, before it was always Faythe and Marc and Jace was just a flirt but now he is "in love" with Faythe and for reasons I can't figure out Faythe can't decide who she wants even though Marc is way better for her than Jace. 2- The first half of the book was a little slower than the last half and a lot of parts were frustrating because everyone was so trapped by the Thunderbirds. It was ok because I think that is what the author was going for because that is how all the characters felt but it just left too much time for Faythe's immaturity to surface again although I have to say she has grown a lot since the first book. 3- Still to much language and sex but less than in the previous 4 books, this book was more about Faythe's emotional problems. Those are the only things I can think of that I didn't like. The rest of the book was full of surprises, new characters and further development of characters that I both loved and hated. Malone is getting more evil and manipulative and gaining more power by the day. Families are turning against one another and where courage and honesty existed now there is only cowardice and lies. Faythe's pride and their allies are under attack from all sides and if they can't prove Malone is a traitor to their kind soon they will be totally destroyed. I have already started the 6th book and am so excited to see how the series ends. There are so many loose endings that I am nervous with everything going on the author isn't going to be able to come up with a totally satisfying. I hope I'm wrong but either way I am really glad I read the Shifters series.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Maybe someday I'll finish this series. I just got stuck on one of the books, and didn't like it.