Skid and the too tiny tunnel

Title; Skid and the too tiny tunnel
Author; Jeffery Stoddard
Genre; Children's
Page Count; 34 pages on my e-reader
Why I read it; Netgalley review copy
Grade B

Synopsis; A story of courage based on Deuteronomy 31:6

My Review;
Very cute children's story, it reminded me a little of the Little Engine That Could story that my mom ised to read to me when I was little. The pictures were really cute too and I only got to view them in black and white because I read it on my e-reader which doesn't do color. My three year old son enjoyed listening to it, I read it to him while we were in the car a few days ago. The only downside of the book for me was it wasn't an overly original story. Skid is a tiny truck who works with a lot of really big strong trucks and it leaves skid feeling useless. One day there is a collapse and one of the big trucks is stuck and Skid is the only truck small enough to fit in the tunnel to bring him gas and help dig him out. After saving the big truck all of the other trucks like Skid and Skid learns that anyone can do great things no matter how big or small they are. So overall a great message especially for my children who having two short parents probably won't ever be big but not an overly original story line. I would recommend this book to anyone with smaller children maybe ages 2-10.

No comments: