Tyger Tyger

Title: Tyger Tyger
Author: Kersten Hamilton
Genre: YA Fantasy
Page count: 322
Why I read it: review copy from Netgally and my
sister in law read it and liked it.
Grade A-
Publication Date: November 15th 2010

Synopsis;
Teagan Wylltson's best friend, Abby, dreams that horrifying creatures--goblins, shape-shifters, and beings of unearthly beauty but terrible cruelty--are hunting Teagan. Abby is always coming up with crazy stuff, though, so Teagan isn't worried. Her life isn't in danger. In fact, it's perfect. She's on track for a college scholarship. She has a great job. She's focused on school, work, and her future. No boys, no heartaches, no problems.

Until Finn Mac Cumhaill arrives. Finn's a bit on the unearthly beautiful side himself. He has a killer accent and a knee-weakening smile. And either he's crazy or he's been haunting Abby's dreams, because he's talking about goblins, too . . . and about being The Mac Cumhaill, born to fight all goblin-kind. Finn knows a thing or two about fighting. Which is a very good thing, because this time, Abby's right. The goblins are coming.

My review;
I knew I would probably like this book because my sister-in-law read it and liked it a lot. The story was so easy to get into and was very original. The characters were original and likable. I liked that the romance in the book was there but not overdone. It seems all the books I have read lately involve a girl so in love with a guy that she can't do or think of anything else. Teagan on the other hand still keeps her interests and her involvement with her family and friends, it was refreshing. I liked that even though this is going to be a series she still ended the story she started while leaving it open enough to keep the interest and make you excited for the next book. The only down part to this book for me was It was hard for me to remember who a lot of the characters were when they were talking about the legends. There are so many names from Irish history and Irish folklore involved that I am so unfamiliar with that it was hard to keep some of the story strait. I found myself reading and trying to remember who people were but I think that as the story goes along I will become more familiar with the legends and characters that part will get easier. I am really excited to read the next book in the series. This is a book worth buying because it's a book you can read more than once!

No comments: