Wake

Title: Wake
Author: Lisa McMann
Genre: YA Fiction
Page count: 210
Why I read it: My sister in law loved it and
we have similar taste in books.
Grade A-

Synopsis:
Ever since she was eight years old, high school student Janie Hannagan has been uncontrollably drawn into other people's dreams, but it is not until she befriends an elderly nursing home patient and becomes involved with an enigmatic fellow-student that she discovers her true power.

My Review:
It took me about 50 pages to know that I was going to like this book. The writing style is different from most of the books I have been reading so I think it just took some adjusting. At the beginning I kept getting really distracted because she kept getting thrown into dream after dream from all different people. But then it all started to come together and it got really interesting. The story was unique and the characters were likable and well developed. I really do not like Janie's friend Carrie or her boyfriend. Carrie knows better than anyone how hard Janie is working to earn money for college and yet she is stupid and gets into trouble and then wants Janie to give her and her boyfriend a ton of money grrrr. But I guess that is what makes this book great, you feel for Janie and the book really makes you care. I am so excited to read the next book!

No comments: